I hope that you are enjoying the beginning of summer. It’s crazy to think that it is almost July!
I just wanted to keep you updated and remind you of a few things as we go forward throughout the summer.
Our summer program has been going great. It is wonderful seeing the students in the building and getting additional help and keeping up with their day-to-day learning.
Our final phase of the Air Conditioning project has been started and will be complete by the start of the school year. Also, the last of our camera installations, both inside and outside of the building, have been completed. In addition, we replaced a few interior classroom doors to be more within our safety protocols for faculty and students.
Just a reminder, please continue to work on your IXL assignments over the summer. Your child should have brought home their RIT scores towards the end of the school year. They should be working on those benchmarks that are listed within the grade level they just completed. If they are showing no benchmarks needing to be met, they can work on any benchmark in the grade they just completed or the grade ahead. Some of those benchmarks and standards might not have been taught, so please have them work at their own pace.
Our Spanish program has been changed going into the next school year. Due to scheduling conflicts, students in grades 6 – 8 will receive Spanish two times per week. Because of this new program, students that are going into 6th grade may have the opportunity to test out of Spanish 1 once they go into high school. Students in grades 1 – 5 will receive Spanish once a week. I apologize for any confusion and we are looking forward to implementing this program at SJJ.
As we prepare for the fall, please see the following protocols that will be implemented for the upcoming school year. These are subject to change.
- Masks will be optional for adults or students.
- Sanitizer stations will remain throughout the school and students will be given frequent reminders to wash their hands throughout the day.
- We will continue to quarantine individuals who have not yet received vaccinations if for 15 or more minutes they are within 3 feet of a positive case in a classroom or 6 feet in a setting that isn’t a classroom.
- Vaccinated individuals who are exposed to a positive case will need to monitor their symptoms.
- Regular communication will be maintained with the Cuyahoga County Board of Health.
I would like to welcome Mrs. Krawczyk to the Main Office as part of our Administrative Team.
If you have any questions, please reach out to someone in the school office. Facebook is not always monitored by an SJJ staff member and we want you to have the correct information in a timely manner.
- Mrs. Krawczyk – Office Assistant nkrawczyk@sjjschool.
- Mrs. Armstrong – Admissions larmstrong@
- Mrs. Dedrick – Financial email@example.com
- Mrs. Francis – Assistant Principal jfrancis@sjjschool.
- Mr. Akosi – Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
I would like to wish everyone a Happy July 4th and enjoy the remainder of your summer.
In service of youth,