Student After Care
Sts. Joseph and John School offers a safe, teacher-operated after-school care program. The faculty and staff of Sts. Joseph and John School offer an after school care program for students enrolled in our school.
Viking Cove (aftercare) is available for students in grades K-8 from 2:00pm to 6:00pm. Students will enjoy an after school snack, participate in a supervised homework time and then explore a variety of activities directed by Sts. Joseph and John teachers and aides.
Please use the following link to register for the program sites.google.
There is no charge to register for this program. If you are not interested at this time, but find a need for the program during the school year, you may register at a later date.
Viking Cove begins on the first day of school and is offered every day school is in session except the last day before Christmas break, the day before Easter break and the last day of school. Viking Cove will be held in the Visionary Center. Please sign up for Viking Cove Remind to let Ms. Puliafico know when you arrive to pick up your child from Door E.
- In the To section of your phone add this number – 81010
- In the Message section of your phone add this code – @vikingcove
- Once you complete that, please hit send and you will be registered to receive text messages from Ms. Puliafico.
- Viking Cove consists of self directed play in gym, Visionary Center, and/or outside, weather permitting.
- Snack served between 3:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- After snack, all students return to the Visionary Center for 30 minutes of quiet activities and homework. Kindergarteners can color and work on puzzles during this time. Grades 1 – 8 work on homework, activity packets, or reading a book.
Parents must sign out their child(ren) from the extended day program. Children must be picked up by 6:00 p.m. A LATE FEE OF $1.00 PER MINUTE IS CHARGED BEGINNING AT 6:00 P.M.
Director, Ms. Puliafico firstname.lastname@example.org
Viking Cove is staffed with Sts. Joseph and John teachers and aides.
Viking Cove is part of the school program at Sts. Joseph and John School. Therefore, the principal is responsible for the extended day program. The director of the program is responsible for the day to day leadership and organization of the program. She reports to the principal as needed. Concerns about the program should be directed to the director, Ms. Puliafico. Concerns should be brought to the attention of the principal only after first discussing them with the director.