- Prayer Integrated into the school day
- Daily Religion classes
- School Masses
- Prayer Services
- Sacramental Preparation
- Service Activities
- Recognizing students for exhibiting Christian values
- Clergy involvement from both Parishes
Sts. Joseph and John School is centered around the Holy Eucharist. The school community celebrates the Eucharist at Mass weekly and participates in regular Prayer Services and para-liturgical experiences.
Although the sacraments are scheduled and received at a student’s parish, all second and eighth-grade students receive Sacramental preparation during the school day. The Sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist are received in grade 2. Our religious curriculum provides for deep and careful preparation for those Sacraments.
At SJJ, students in grades 3-8 are also given the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Lent along with one other planned time during the school year.
The Sacrament of Confirmation is received in 8th grade. Students are prepared for this Sacrament through our 8th-grade religion classes and parish activities.
As part of our mission to develop young girls and boys of character, our students participate in service projects to help our local, national, and worldwide communities. Each grade conducts at least one service project per year in addition to our many school-wide service activities. Students also have the opportunity to learn to serve others, like Christ did, through many of our extracurricular clubs, for example, Student Council, Builder’s Club, and Student Ministry. Our students engage in many exceptional service activities throughout the school year, including:
- Collecting for Harvest for Hunger
- Collecting hats, mittens, and coats for the poor
- Collecting baby items for Westside Catholic Center
- Visiting residents of retirement homes
- Assembling Military Care Packages
- Collecting toiletries for the sick
- Food drives for soup kitchens
- Care packages for the bereaved
Sts. Joseph & John students have been consistently recognized for their outstanding service with many awards and letters of recognition, including:
- American Red Cross Awards
- Catholic Charities Awards
- Harvest for Hunger Awards